28 February 2009

UGANDA : Omony out as Uganda face Burundi

by Sande Bashaija
Kampala

Today (men)
Uganda v Burundi 3pm
Kenya v Rwanda 6pm

Uganda’s campaign at the Africa Championship Zone 5 qualifiers in Kigali got from bad to worse when professional Stephen Omony got injured on Thursday evening.

The utility player lasted only two minutes on the court as Uganda suffered their third straight defeat to Kenya (83-96) and will miss the team’s last game against Burundi today. “It’s not good for me as we talk. I have internal chest pain and will know my fate today after a scan,” Omony said yesterday.

Omony got a bad chest knock from Kenyan William Otiende as they fought for possession on a rebound.
“He hit me with an elbow in the chest and rolled over me. I heard a loud crack in the chest and my tournament ended there,” the Seychelles-based Omony, added. Federation of Uganda Basketball Associations (Fuba) organizing secretary Peter Kirabo castigated Kenyans for dangerous play.
“They targeted Omony and wanted him out of the game. It was a very bad foul that scared all of us,” Kirabo said. Omony was rushed to hospital shortly after the incident but only received pain-relieving tablets.

Despite Omony’s absence, team coach Timothy Odeke has promised victory against Burundi.

Comments:
Really interesting article. Hope to see same more!
 
Merry Christmas! Let the new year will bring a lot of money
 
Good article. Thank you.
http://www.erispan.350.com/
 
I will be your frequent visitor, that's for sure.
 

I know my subscribers would appreciate your work. If you are even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an email.

 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?